Mechanical Engineer - Dearborn
Provide or extend mechanical systems for new construction and/or renovation of industrial or commercial structures as requested by the client. Develop construction drawings and specifications which address the installation, interconnection and control of mechanical components within the standard building codes.
- Review and/or establish project scope, mechanical budget, necessary constraints and design approach with Project Manager and/or client.
- Proper communication skills to be involved in design team / owner meetings and communicate directly with the owner and / or owner’s representative.
- Prepare feasibility studies and project cost estimates.
- Maintain working knowledge of latest IMC (International Mechanical Codes) and ASHRAE standards.
- Formulate and lead design of mechanical systems including HVAC, piping, plumbing, and fire protection.
- Perform and/or review calculations, formulate design of mechanical systems including HVAC, piping, plumbing, and fire protection.
- Create engineering documents using computer aided design (CAD) technology utilizing Autodesk (Revit and AutoCAD) and/or Bentley CAD software (2D and 3D applications) or manually with support from more junior staff.
- Edit or draft project specifications.
- Conduct field measuring and checking at the construction site.
- Review drawings for omissions, errors, overall quality, content accuracy, compliance with standards and codes.
- Review product submittals for design content (shop drawings), specify action to be taken to reach specification compliance.
- Maintain organized project file containing project calculations, correspondence, appropriate reference materials, etc.
- Assist with checking, standards review, and maintenance of master specifications.
- Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
- Review and stamp construction documents.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Registration.
- LEED accredited professional preferred.
- 5+ years related and progressively more responsible experience in mechanical engineering field.
- Proficiency with Autodesk CAD (Revit MEP and AutoCAD) and/or Bentley CAD software, Trane Trace 700, Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
To apply for this position, click here.